Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Newly reopened Angels Flight has long been a popular L.A. shooting location
- Jamie Foxx announces telethon for Hurricane Harvey relief
- Gwyneth Paltrow admits she's screwed up plenty of relationships
- Longtime 'Simpsons' composer Alf Clausen exits the show after 27 years
- Firefighter who resuscitated Princess Diana remembers her final moments on 20th anniversary of her death
- Instead of statues, Trevor Noah and Roy Wood Jr. have another idea for honoring Confederate history
As is his wont these days, R&B superstar Frank Ocean unveiled a new song, "Provider," his own way: during the newest installment of Blonded Radio, the Apple Music/Beats 1 radio show he hosts and curates.
The ballad's a meditation that name-checks Aphex Twin, shoegaze, Talking Heads, "Jaws," Patagonia sportswear and Stanley Kubrick, and moves through verses without much regard for structure.
Immediately following the Sunday premiere, Ocean dropped the lyric video on his website. Featuring a souped-up mini-boombox retrofitted with bigger speaker cones and a Velcro-attached machete, the clip suggests an owner getting ready to hunt prey while using "Provider" as the lure.
Ocean hasn't uploaded the clip to YouTube, but you can listen and watch on his blonded.co website.