Welcome to Essential Education, our daily look at education in California and beyond. Here's the latest
In and around Los Angeles:
- Whittier Law School has stopped accepting new students and will shut down entirely once all current students have graduated.
- After complaints from parents, L.A. Unified officials have reassigned a Sherman Oaks administrator.
- UC Berkeley reverses its decision and says conservative commentator Ann Coulter can speak at the campus after all.
- A state audit of California State University said the system hires too many managers.
- The University of California said it has uncovered a fraud that targeted students in its student healthcare plan.
- Former Cal State Fullerton president Milton A. Gordon, 81, died after a long illness.