Welcome to Essential Education, our daily look at education in California and beyond. Here's the latest:
- The probe into audit interference, ordered by UC regents, concluded that UC President Janet Napolitano approved a plan that led to the interference.
- UC regents, meeting in San Francisco, chastised Napolitano for her role in the interference. Napolitano responded by saying she should have shown better judgment.
- On Wednesday, they heard about ways to make a UC education more affordable.
In and around Los Angeles:
- Norovirus continues to sicken Santa Monica students
- How L.A. Unified is explaining the California School Dashboard to school board members
- Charter schools association files a lawsuit to set aside Huntington Park's moratorium
- What the new school ratings have to do with golf
- Resolution is near in a two-decade-old case about monitoring special education