Welcome to Essential Education, our daily look at education in California and beyond. Here's the latest:
- The probe into audit interference, ordered by UC regents, concluded that UC President Janet Napolitano approved a plan that led to the interference.
- UC regents, meeting in San Francisco, chastised Napolitano for her role in the interference. Napolitano responded by saying she should have shown better judgment.
- On Wednesday, they heard about ways to make a UC education more affordable.
In and around Los Angeles:
- Charter school advocates will soon have a majority on L.A.'s school board. Are they ready for the district's challenges?
- How a campus preparing to squeeze in a third school could reflect the district's post-election future.
- Protesters disrupted a UC regents meeting over the results of a state audit.
- The regents are tackling such issues as responding to the audit and limiting out-of-state students this week.